GCN 0.00% 0.7¢ goconnect limited

what is gcn worth, page-22

1. 3 Posts.
    @Angry.

I'm looking at a variety of stocks to invest in, GCN is one of them.

I currently have several large holdings in companies like GCN (both in type and size). I hold no shares in GCN but am interested in what they are doing.

I researched GCN as a possible investment due to a) my knowledge of the online media space and b) I liked what the company was saying it would do.

And therein lies the problem, putting to one side the 'new' deal, what about the existing operations. Please tell me in specific terms how the GCN business works commercially 'now' and going forward.

1. What audience do they have to sell advertising to? Exactly how many viewers per month?

2. What are they charging advertisers per 1000 views (CPM) to access this audience?

3. What are the 'bankable' prospects for audience growth going forward (audience growth you can actually sell advertising to, that is viewers of GCN content and not simply quoting numbers of TV's sold with the GCN platform installed)?

These questions are not complex nor are they provocative.

In order to ascertain how real the GCN business is going forward shareholders and prospective investors like me need to know the facts around revenue and potential profitability.

To that end its real simple.

How many people are watching GCN's IPTV channels per month now and what is the company expecting in audience numbers going forward (actual viewers they can sell advertising to not TV sets sold with the platform installed)?

Next question, what can GCN charge advertisers on a per 1000 basis (CPM) to access this audience.

These very simple numbers would make real and credible calculations of the companies current and prospective revenues possible.

As I said in my earlier post, I am familiar with the space and the above numbers would be extremely easy for the company to both calculate and provide to the market.

So yes, I can and am looking at investing in various companies in this space and at this end of the market.

I remain very interested in the GCN model and what on paper they are saying they are trying to do.

I do believe however that the business is overvalued where without information to the contrary the company is doing little if any revenue from its IPTV efforts and none of the publicly available information to date provides any meaningful data on revenue/profit prospects going forward.

Are you saying now that the 'only' reason to buy GCN (or hold GCN) stock is the Priority One deal?
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GCN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.