Waffle it is good to see that Mr Gordon has at least identified...

1. RM
    7,400 Posts.
    Waffle it is good to see that Mr Gordon has at least identified false religious religion and practice regarding the Pharisees and the Jews of the day.

English Standard Version
    The Jews answered him, “It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you but for blasphemy, because you, being a man, make yourself God.”

The Father and the Son…
    17But Jesus answered them, “To this very day My Father is at His work, and I too am working.” 18 Because of this, the Jews tried all the harder to kill Him. Not only was He breaking the Sabbath, but He was even calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God.

The Jehovah Witnesses are on the same side of the Pharisees they also deny the deity of Jesus and the equality of the Son with the Father.

Mr Gordon and the Watchtower by his own admission are aligned with false religion.

Jesus claimed to pre exist before Abraham and they scoffed saying he did not even look like an old man, there was nothing wrong in second temple Judaism to claim to be from the past the Jews were expecting prophets such as Elijah to return and they probed him about who he was but when Jesus invoked the personal name of God given to Moses in Exodus 3:14, the I am (ego eimi). The Pharisees knew exactly what he was claiming to be...God so they tried to kill him for blasphemy. Claiming pre-existence was not blasphemy or a stoning offence in second temple Judaism but claiming to be God was.

John 8
    56 Your father Abraham rejoiced that he would see my day. He saw it and was glad.” 57 So the Jews said to him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?” 58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.” 59 So they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple.

Again the false religious teachers Mr Gordon has identified are in fact in lock step with his beliefs and that of the Watchtower they are indeed as you claim in your own way, but in a Biblical sense, the stone throwers.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.