OZL 0.00% $26.44 oz minerals limited

Nice summation of the events Dasa, and I hope your 40mil cost to...

1. 880 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 55

Nice summation of the events Dasa, and I hope your 40mil cost to OZL is close to the mark, but what I have just seen happen to the remains of an estate when a grandchild (one of ten) made a claim against the estate, makes me think your 40 mill might just be a bit too low.

I thought I had got over the darkness, but reading the OZ threads over the last few weeks, my anger is growing again. Not just with this class action but also with some of what has been posted lately.

I know how passionite you are vretts, I can still see your anger, I hope you still have your holding your position.

I'm going to rant now,

Dasa you posted 'I applaud bigsky for his loyalty and efforts but it was never going to get up. Unfortunately we are at the little end of twon and it was always going to be decided by the big end'.

Even the wise and conservative MONT, from memory actually agreed that what I originally suggested as a way to stop the sellout, was do able, but what we needed to have any chance of acheiving this goal was support, from the many thousands of those reading the HC posts and holding, we got no more supporters than I could count on my hands and feet, at the time most of those who are considered gurus here, were firmly voting in favour of the sellout, and voicing their opinions as such, make no mistake about it, they could not see the forest for the trees, sure things have improved dramatically, but if it where up to them they would have walked with 82.5 Chinese cents. There would be no more OZ simple.

United we had a real chance to save the whole OZ, but we were not united, and we lost most of it.

It took a little while to realise that the way I originally suggested as a way for stopping the sellout wasnt going to work with the numbers we had, so I then changed tracks and encouraged supporters to write letters and emails, I wrote many myself, I wrote to people who could of made a difference, politicians and people like Kerry Harmanis, who had just sold Jubilee, and had apparently looked at buying Golden Grove from OZ, but had pulled out of it, I basically asked him to help us save OZ in anyway he could, his reply was quite gracious.
    I wrote to the Tresurer and PM, I told them what the real story was and how we were being sold out (without even the chance of a capital raising), by someone who had a genuine conflict of interest issue, I also mentioned a way out without losing face was that PH was on defence land near woomera (which I had read here on HC), I am fairly sure at least the PM read my email (I wont elaboate why). We know the rest, I am not saying that what I/we did made any difference in itself, but I am fairly sure that for everyone that did write to stop this sellout, played a small part in helping save at least what we have left of OZ minerals, because if everyone just let this go through to the keeper OZ would not be still here IMO.

senoj IMO you are spot on 'imo it will simply cost you your integrity. The pointlessness of sueing yourself is self evident - sueing fellow shareholders raises questionable moral issues'

I thought socrates was a great philosopher, not just concerned about what is in it for me.

We now have 5000 shareholders suing themselves as well as the other 90000 shareholders over a technical loophole, nothing more, a wrongly classified amount of debt, its not about the misleading statements that were released, if that were the case then every shareholder would be able to sue themselves, but that wouldnt work for lawyers, they have to play some against the others, otherwise what would be the point. The problem with this attitude is it brings everyone down to the same level, dog eat dog, you either claim or you lose, it attacks the moral fibre of society, the what can I get out of it mentality, you are stupid if you dont join the action if you can.

It is similar to the licence demerit point system and all the cameras, the system regularily forces normally law abiding people into being criminals and making false statutory declarations as to who was driving the vechile, just to keep thier jobs and homes etc, so stat decs mean little now, I have lied on this one why not lie on another one, its the thin edge, just like senojs integrity assertion.

Just what has TB and the team done that is so great?, not much IMO, they were handed a mine and facility that was the rolls royce of mining, it works Great! PH is a fantastic deposit, but TB had nothing to do with finding or developing it.
    When we did capitulate to the AM headed Minmetals, we were given the dollars and a window to rebuild the company, the window was because there were really great deals out there to be done and we had the $$ to do them. What have they done since, well they left our $$ in US currency which cost us many of millions of AU$, it wasnt until shareholders jumped up and down that they changed the mix, they bought a equity position in SFR for $100mil, (what are we going to do with it), but didnt go for the kill while they had the chance, SFR are now overpriced and dont want a bar of us, we are exploringing around PH, which really was a given anyway, we are just sitting on over $1,500,000,000, cash, why do you think the lawyers are lining us up for their class actions, its a pretty juicy target isnt it.

We get all this talk about takeovers and who OZ should buy, it too late, the train has gone, Anvil mining had their hand out for $200mil to complete their mine, someone else took the risk and are up nearly $800 million, same as Lynas who were in a similar (not same) position to OZ, they Chinese had them in their sights, Lynas was looking for $$$, we could have done a pretty good deal there as well, even doing a reasonable share buyback at cheaper levels could have boosted OZs current shareprice by over 50c per share, there are very few if any windows left, it really is too late now to spend it, the value isnt there, just give us our money back, minus of course what those 5000 shareholders want.

I am not trying to offend anyone here, just calling it as I see it, each to their own

cheers grant

the above is opinion only and written without prejudice.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OZL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.