ENG 0.00% 89.0¢ engin limited

what is going on, page-2

1. 86 Posts.
    I think this is good news all round as the VOIP market seems to be gaining momentum.
    Both companies have different strategies and seem to be making some good progress.

As a rough guide Engin has consistantly gained around double the amount of paying subscribers of MyNetFone.
    It should be no different for the end of June '07 (ie 35,000 v's 70,000) however Engin has not released figures yet.

Refer MNF announcements:
    28/11/2006 MyNetFone smashes 20,000 subscriber mark
    12/4/2007 Reaches 26 000 customers
    23/5/2007 Subscriber Number Hits 30 000 on Listing Anniversary
    5/7/2007 MyNetFone Hits 35 000 Paying Customers

Refer ENG announcements:
    31/12/2006 52,500 Paying Subscribers
    6/6/2007 73,000 Subscribers with 66,000 Paying Subscribers

Looking at MNF annoucements 5,000 were added between 23/5 & 5/7, slightly more than one month.

Worth also noting is MyNetFone (unlike Engin) offer a no contract or monthly fees account for the lower end of user.
    These subscribers would not be as valuable in terms of sustained revenue, if they were I'm sure Engin would/could take this model on board.
    They would more likely be casual users, using the service with a minimum spend, infrequently or as a one off.
    Also if/when they ceased the service, their accounts would remain in the paying subscriber numbers, giving it a bit of a skew for comparison terms.
    It is when the company reports its accounts that the real value of these subscribers comes out.

Engin has not done a lot of promotion for some time and nor has VOIP been in the news much, perhaps the increase rate lost a bit of potential pace during this period.
    However Engin have just started launching a major 3 phase campaign accross all medias for the 12 months ahead.
    This will have some further great value offers and new products that will apply to both new and the existing customers.
    These will be hard to beat and soon 1 subscriber will become 2 or even 3.

Anyway as I mention above, good news overall as obvoiusly the VOIP numbers are now back on the rise, seems Skype hasn't had much of an effect on things here.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ENG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.