IPL 0.00% $2.90 incitec pivot limited

I know last night that it was due to the manufacturing numbers...

1. 5 Posts.
    I know last night that it was due to the manufacturing numbers that came out. They weren't too flash (+ the general consensus that the global eco is slowing flowing on to crude drop). But for anyone who cares to listen (and I am by no means an expert) the vol on this stock is excaserbated by the lack of liquidity so short term traders move with the swings and make +15% easy (but like anything if you are long term and no gearing for a margin call then no dramas as it seems like a solid play). However, when the split occurs its a whole new ball game - things to note on the split (take this with a grain of salt if you wish as it is only my opinion):

(1) Historically splits are more +ve for a stock than -ve pricewise (eg latest FMG - initially....)
    (2) Liquidity is up - could be bad (see point 3) could be good (see point 1)
    (3) Liquidity is good so retails buy in because the psych is that it is cheaper (misconception). Conversely the borrows become easier (and cheaper) and this can be a red rag to the short bulls (I use the term bulls loosely).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IPL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.90
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $5.632B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.90 $2.92 $2.88 $9.365M 3.228M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 8848 $2.89

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.90 220350 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IPL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.