IMU 2.35% 8.3¢ imugene limited

What is happening here.

1. 131 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 62
    Thought I would just start this thread hoping for some more experienced and educated investors to provide their thoughts on what has been happening with IMU over the last 2 weeks following the two ethics approval announcements.

My own thoughts on the possibilities are

Theory 1. A standard re-rate initiated by investors with cash sitting on the sidelines waiting for a positive announcement or two that would confirm eveything is heading in the right direction and signalling a low risk entry into the market.

Theory 2. Theory number 1 combined with day traders / short term profit traders and FOMO traders all jumping on the bandwagon.

Theory 3. (The option I am starting to believe may be eventuating ). The early stages of a buyout.

I have read on these forums before that Paul Hopper & Co have the ability with their current holdings to ward off a hostile takover. So, and this again is just something I have imagined could happen - In the event that some conversations have happened between Imugene and a potential purchaser, is it possible that an agreement has been reached on a figure whereby Paul Hopper & the board would not stand in the way of a buyout and would endorse the sale to the shareholder population. For argument sake let's say AUD $1 billion or around 20 cents a share. In this case, would the purchaser then not move to accumulate as much stock closer to the takeover bid price before formally announcing their intention? Could this be what we are seeing.? I know at some point that a substantial notice needs to go in, but surely buying could be happening over a number of accounts and through various agents.?

To my mind, while the two announcements on ethics were extremely positive and welcome, they did not quite correlate with what we have seen since in terms of volume and price increase. Another poster also mentioned that they believed the announcements could have been used as a smokescreen (which I believed was meant in a bullish way) , which were then used to kick off another agenda (possibly Theory 3).

Anyway, hope to hear some alternate theories. Whatever the case the recent interest and associated price increases are most welcome and I am sure we still have a way to go with the upcoming pipeline of news events (unless Theory 3 kicks in first).

Fun Times.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.3¢
Change
-0.002(2.35%)
Mkt cap ! $607.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.4¢ 8.5¢ 8.2¢ $953.1K 11.48M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 68491 8.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.4¢ 342128 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
8.4¢
  Change
-0.002 ( 1.42 %)
Open High Low Volume
8.4¢ 8.5¢ 8.2¢ 6636401
Last updated 15.59pm 24/04/2024 ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.