ATH 0.00% 0.5¢ alterity therapeutics limited

Nothing about PBT2 has been told but something must be...

1. 2,798 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 971
    Nothing about PBT2 has been told but something must be happening, IMO. The news about the "Otitis study" by Dr. Neville and supported by Doherty Institute was told (not by ATH) 2 months ago. So to me, it looks like there would be a need to demonstrate in a patient population that PBT2 works. ATH promised that no its money would be used for PBT2 commercialization. So this study needs money also from elsewhere, and could well get some from the antibiotic-resistant fund.

IMO, only one clinical study is needed to get a deal with pharma companies and with that, the price is much better than without clinical evidence.

This was told in Feb.:
    "University of Melbourne Dr Stephanie Neville, an NHMRC Peter Doherty Fellow at the Doherty Institute, will use the Fellowship to undertake a project investigating new ways to treat antibiotic resistance in the bacterial pathogens that cause middle ear infections (otitis media)".

“This project builds on our discovery that the safe-for-human use ionophore, PBT2, is able to break antibiotic resistance in the bacteria that cause middle ear infections,” Dr. Neville explained."

To get started with this, most likely a phase 2 study, 2 months is not a long time at all and my guess is that this planning is now happening. Phase 2 does not need a huge population, but when there are several different bacteria causing otitis, I do not think that 100 patients are not enough for a randomized study. Study plans need to be accepted by the authorities and hospitals, as usual, so everything will take time.

When the study gets started, it can be done very quickly. Otitis is a very common problem (over 700 million cases in a year in the world) and the effect can be seen in days, not in months.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $26.22M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.5¢ $8.75K 1.75M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
59 63306661 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 28430837 21
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ATH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.