AXE 0.00% 35.0¢ archer materials limited

What is happening, page-2733

1. 434 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 752

Interesting discussion above re AXE and quantum, I agree that there has to be a meaningful breakthrough and that AXE don't spin yarns. The only times when AXE falls in with the general 'quantum narrative' is when in their annual reports they publish those old and tired graphics put out by Boston Consulting Group or Mckinsey. This is, I suspect what quantum tech developers who have shareholders are supposed to tell the story to future riches. Those quantum applications that are going to make finance optimizations, drug discoveries, etc do not exist ...yet. Even if one day quantum circuits could solve these useful math problems, there's still no way to know for sure if they will be significantly quicker than classical algorithms on top spec conventional computers.

Meanwhile, what AXE is working towards is in another universe, the real world job of engineering robust high fidelity qubits that can maintain a specific state and long coherence times, without the need for elaborate cooling. Maintain state until an application or use case needs to read out the state of the qubit, and to read it out extremely accurately. If I'm recalling correctly, AXE has moved onto 2 qubit set ups. While the quantum hype is around 100s and 1000s of qubits, there's no information on their quality and there's still no useful speed up in computational power. Even the most high profile super cooled, superconducting quantum systems are all in experimental stages. So a quality 2 qubit system at more accessible temperatures might open the way for a lot more experts to get their hands on reliable quantum circuits and take quantum information science forward a lot quicker. To me this is where the true value proposition lies. We do have world class physicists, computer scientists and materials engineers, advanced nano scale fabrication capabilities. So there's every chance this will lead to some breakthrough quantum hardware. And by then some new uses for them. AIMO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AXE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
35.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $89.19M
Open High Low Value Volume
35.5¢ 35.5¢ 34.0¢ $82.12K 237.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 800 34.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
35.0¢ 14997 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AXE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.