AXE 1.52% 33.5¢ archer materials limited

I can agree with most of the thoughts shared by others above. ya...

1. 437 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 753

I can agree with most of the thoughts shared by others above.

ya 20c , 10c , $3 , whatever, we're still holding because we know there's some value in AXE, Tizard is on the money there from where I'm sitting. A company like AXE, especially one making quantum hardware has to exist for now, content with market valuing them at somewhere between nothing yet and something, but what.
    IP is intangible. If a big established tech company were to consider acquiring,merging, there is the headache of agreeing on fair value for the IP. I have done back of envelope calculations of the 12CQ IP. Taking Mo's idea of the value of the facilities they use for R&D and the number of years. To me that's just the start, and that's how strategic value investors approach tech investing. Not many are cut out for it, I presume those who are invested are able to wait for the unknown development timelines, put up with not knowing what this particular quantum system will eventually be able to do. Well designed tech, crisendy is right to emphasise chip design, is used primarily for one thing and does it exceptionally better than anyone else. Nvidia made good GPUs, provided excellent software to access its features and it rendered images at amazing speeds. A very narrow use. Now adapted for another niche use - crunching the workload of training large language models. Which everyone wants. For now.

Also we have to be happy with holding while writing off the years of opportunity cost. Also Mo's not great concern about where the SP is at. It's too early for him to say what exactly the 12CQ will end up being used for. There could be one fundamental reason - with classical chips, it's 1s 0s, on off electric switch, works exactly the same in an Nvidia chip or a RAM memory chip at the basic hardware level. Qubits are not like this. psiquantum qubits are different from IBM qubits different from AXE qubits. Have to work with their unique properties and quirks and find a particular quirk that can work as information storage and information processing. 12CQ uses an electron from a particular type of carbon. It also uses the spin property rather than the charge property. So already it's gone solo, diverged from everyone else. Everyone has different types of qubit material, qubits and properties. Can't tame nature at this level, have to work with it. So once a system is put together, it again has to be characterised, observed, what kind of beast (a very amiable Labrador would be my preference) it is. Once that's understood well, find ways to feed information in without disturbing the delicate states (decoherence). Find ways to read out effectively. Next, make sense of the read outs. Can these control and read out processes be used for some problem out there that needs this qubit system to give a fast, effective solution. I said all that to say, Mo cannot commit to saying anything yet. Too early. I'll add that all of quantum information processing is at the same stage. Experimental. We are actually at the development stage still. Can't wait for the day AXE announces the 12CQ can be used for a particular thing. No I meant to say, I can wait.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AXE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
33.5¢
Change
0.005(1.52%)
Mkt cap ! $85.37M
Open High Low Value Volume
34.5¢ 34.5¢ 32.0¢ $116.1K 352.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5129 33.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
34.5¢ 24040 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AXE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.