WOW 0.30% $32.89 woolworths group limited

what is happing there ?, page-25

1. 10,200 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 122
    "I have serious doubts about whether Coles can regain any market share under the Wesfarmers banner (Bunnings, Commodities, insurance etc is a whole different game to the Fresh Food one)."

Apache022, you will probably have gathered by now that you are talikng to WOW fans here, so we don't need much convincing .. hehehe ..

The point about Coles being a threat is that they are the only 'realistic' threat. They have the key ingredients, the supermarket network, the Shell petrol alliance, plus the merchandising, Liquor, Officeworks and Bunnings networks.

They have a unique opportunity to drive those assets.
    Obviously Woolworths will not stand still. But Woolworths did not invent their management techniques. The imported them from the likes of Walmart and Tesco. Coles knew all this.

The difference has been in the fact that Woolworths have been brilliant in the execution of their strategy. Coles tried several times but failed.

But there is nothing that the right people and right culture cannot fix.

In fact I fully expect Coles to turnaround under the WES banner. There is room for both Coles and Woolies to succeed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WOW (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.