What is it like to be "born again"?, page-4

1. 238 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Thank you for responding to my query. I too have read the scripture you have quoted and listened to many "preachers" about the subject. I suppose if you all agree that what you believe is the truth, it must be. But, in John 1: 6-13 "There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. 11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God."

So as this is the truth, anyone is of God if you see the Light.

An example of this Mattew 3: 13-16 "Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him. 14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me? 15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

When one fulfills all righteousness - obtain the mind of a child, at that time the heavens will open and you will see the Holy Spirit. It is then you are born again. A very tangible event.

It is sad that a person reads the Bible and also believes that to have the mind of a child means to obey authority. Where the authority they believe tells them that they are sinners who can't help themselves but it's ok because Jesus died on the cross for their sins. Jesus died on the cross because He bucked the authority of the day, not so you can sin away and do some penance at the say so of a "religious" institution.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.