WDS 0.40% $27.28 woodside energy group ltd

There have been a number of comments regarding the end of...

1. 875 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 81
    There have been a number of comments regarding the end of conflict in Ukraine. While most people in the world hope that the war ends soon, I just can't see it happening. Russia and Ukraine have major differences and will not agree to each other demands. The diplomatic attempts is just to create a bit of noise, but I do not see this conflict being resolved through diplomacy. that time well past.

Russian
    Mr Putin put himself in the corner. Apart from turning the entire world( with a few exemptions) against him, he destroyed Russian economy. The sanctions are there for years to remain. The current estimate that the economy would shrink by 20% by the end of the year. I believe it's very optimistic. The ruble devaluated by about 200%. It's widely expected that it would drop further. Hyper inflation is on the board as they can't use their reserves( 2/3 is frozen by sanctions), so we'll print money like never before. MOEX( Moscow stock exchange) has been closed for over 2 weeks by the order from Reserve Bank. If they open it, all stocks will be sold off and it may go to nothing. The stock owners will try to convert their holdings into USD and Euros. The banking system will collapse as most Russian banks hold stocks on the balance sheet. the list just goes on and on. Putin cannot pull back without some sort of victory. ( say 1/2 of Ukraine). He currently holds around 60% approval rating, but it'll quickly drop if people would see that their financial wellbeing been exchanged for nothing. Russians are suffering huge casualties. 20,000+ killed, wounded or POW.

Ukraine

Will not agree to give up any territory. Ukrainians are prepared to defend their country to the end. President support is above 90%. The army is getting stronger and stronger. Ukrainian army is about 360,000. Russian army is around 100,000. The west may have to approve giving them( from Poland and Slovakia) MIGs( war aircrafts from USSR era) . Once they have them , Russian domination of airspace will disappear. Russians do not have any advantage on the land and hardly advanced. They have not managed to take over any large cities so far.

Last edited by sayrex: 14/03/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$27.28
Change
0.110(0.40%)
Mkt cap ! $51.79B
Open High Low Value Volume
$27.16 $27.43 $27.08 $103.0M 3.752M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 200 $27.27

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$27.29 183 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$27.26
  Change
0.110 ( 0.41 %)
Open High Low Volume
$27.15 $27.43 $27.09 959566
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
WDS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.