ZIP 4.38% $1.31 zip co limited..

stock market investing is less about what people use and...

1. 5,274 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 500
    stock market investing is less about what people use and comments and more about knowing the business models and its balance sheet

it doesn’t matter if millions of people use zip and love it but
    if it has a weak balance sheet or burning cash like paper then chance are you going to lose money invest in such business

look at petrol retailer like caltex/ampol most people hate them
    they think they ripped people off blah blah but their business model is strong back by very strong balance sheet and hence you made a lot of money invest in them or

ARB who the heck heard of them unless you owned a 4 wheel drive and into after market mods and even then people bitch how expensive ARB stuff is and gone for third party like bitching about IPhone but their business model and balance sheet paint an unbreakable business that made a lot of money and so as an investor you rake in with them or

Smartgroup most people don’t even see their logo any where
    I have never see any of their employee or customer service face to face but their balance sheet is pristine, it made so much money not only it paid you dividend every year, every jsecond years or so it paid out a special dividend on top of it because it has so much money it doesn’t know what to do with it but hand back to shareholders, if you invest with them in early years all your capital is paid back via just dividend many times over alone plus your capital would gone up many folds more

I can give example of dozen more stock I have and they all have the same theme strong business model and balance sheet

so when I invest large chunk of my money into a share market only business model and balance sheet matters everything else is just is just the side show

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.31
Change
0.055(4.38%)
Mkt cap ! $1.475B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.28 $1.31 $1.26 $8.806M 6.850M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1370 $1.30

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.31 194028 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.30
  Change
0.055 ( 3.64 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.28 $1.31 $1.26 1773143
Last updated 15.59pm 16/05/2024 ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.