What is the Gospel?, page-7

1. 612 Posts.
    Good catch NoBoDe, he passes the antichrist test for sure.

Jesus Christ is God

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God,and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were madethrough him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. ... The true light, which gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him. He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him. But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God. Andthe Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory asof the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:1-5, 9-14 ESV)

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth." (Genesis 1:26 ESV)

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. (Isaiah 9:6 ESV)

Then Moses said to God, "If I come to the people of Israel and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name?' what shall I say to them?" God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And he said, "Say this to the people of Israel: 'I AM has sent me to you.'" God also said to Moses, "Say this to the people of Israel: 'The LORD,the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God ofJacob, has sent me to you.' This is my name forever, and thus I am to be remembered throughout all generations. (Exodus 3:13-15 ESV)

So the Jews said to him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?" Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am." So they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple. (John 8:57-59 ESV)

Jesus answered them, "I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in my Father's name bear witness about me, but you do not believe because you are not among my sheep. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one." The Jews picked up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, "I have shown you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you going to stone me?" The Jews answered him, "It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you but forblasphemy, because you, being a man, make yourself God." (John 10:25-33 ESV)

Eight days later, his disciples were inside again, and Thomas was with them. Although the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you." Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side. Do not disbelieve, but believe." Thomas answered him, " My Lord and my God!" Jesus said to him, "Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." (John 20:26-29 ESV)

For although there may be so-called gods in heaven or on earth--as indeed there are many "gods" and many "lords"-- yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and forwhom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and throughwhom we exist. (1 Corinthians 8:5-6 ESV)

But of the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom. (Hebrews 1:8 ESV)

See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ. For in him the wholefullness of deity dwells bodily, and you have been filled in him, who isthe head of all rule and authority. (Colossians 2:8-10 ESV)

For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age, waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and SaviorJesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works. (Titus 2:11-14 ESV)

Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. (Isaiah 7:14 ESV)

She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins." All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had spoken by the prophet: "Behold, the virgin shall conceiveand bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel" (which means, Godwith us). When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him: he took his wife, but knew her not until she had given birth to a son. And he called his name Jesus. (Matthew 1:21-25 ESV)

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and thetruth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14:6 ESV)

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. (Hebrews 13:8 ESV)

This was why the Jews were seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling Godhis own Father, making himself equal with God. (John 5:18 ESV)

No one has ascended into heaven except he who descendedfrom heaven, the Son of Man. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in him may have eternal life. "For God so loved the world, that he gave hisonly Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. (John 3:13-18 ESV)

Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: Hewas manifested in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels,proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory. (1 Timothy 3:16 ESV)

Who has performed and done this, calling the generations from the beginning? I, the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he. (Isaiah 41:4 ESV)

"You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "and my servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor shall there be anyafter me. I, I am the LORD, and besides me there is no savior. (Isaiah 43:10-11 ESV)

Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: "I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god. Who is like me? Let him proclaim it. Let him declare and set it before me, since I appointed an ancient people. Let them declare what is to come, and what will happen. Fear not, nor be afraid; have I not told you from of old and declared it? And you are my witnesses! Is there a God besides me? Thereis no Rock; I know not any." (Isaiah 44:6-8 ESV)

"Listen to me, O Jacob, and Israel, whom I called! Iam he; I am the first, and I am the last. (Isaiah 48:12 ESV)

"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the LordGod, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty." (Revelation 1:8 ESV)

When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, "Fear not, I am the first and thelast, and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I havethe keys of Death and Hades. (Revelation 1:17-18 ESV)

"And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: 'Thewords of the first and the last, who died and came to life. (Revelation 2:8 ESV)

And the four living creatures, each of them with six wings, are full of eyes all around and within, and day and night they never cease to say, "Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and isto come!" And whenever the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to him who is seated on the throne, who lives forever and ever, the twenty-four elders fall down before him who is seated on the throne and worship him who lives forever and ever. They cast their crowns before the throne, saying, "Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will theyexisted and were created." (Revelation 4:8-11 ESV)

And he said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha andthe Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment. (Revelation 21:6 ESV)

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, thebeginning and the end." (Revelation 22:13 ESV)

And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who istrue, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life. (1 John 5:20 ESV)

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn ofall creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth,visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers orauthorities--all things were created through him and for him. And he is beforeall things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of thebody, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that ineverything he might be preeminent. For in him all the fullness of God waspleased to dwell, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whetheron earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross. (Colossians 1:15-20 ESV)

To them belong the patriarchs, and from their race,according to the flesh, is the Christ, who is God over all, blessed forever. Amen. (Romans 9:5 ESV)

Now I want to remind you, although you once fully knew it, that Jesus, who saved a people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyedthose who did not believe. (Jude 1:5 ESV)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.