AJ for me the long term fixed rates are what I class as the most...

1. 139 Posts.
    AJ for me the long term fixed rates are what I class as the most important. I had the good fortune of a low 3 year fixed rate comming off in August this year so only had to wear about 10 weeks of higher interest rates. $200 a week jump it was. got a good lesson cheap

I don't care if I don't pick the exact bottom of interest rates but as soon as the 10 year or longer if available rates get down to a good rate hopefully in the mid 6% range then I will be happily grabbing it again. Thats not to say that they won't go lower, but ti would require some luck to pick the bottom. In that time the capital of the loan will be well on the way down so if rates are high when it comes off fixed interest then it won't matter too much. Just have to remember that it would cost a lot to break the loan but they can usually have the security transfered for a reasonable cost.

Money in the mid 6% range is ok by me for long term budgeting. Got a small loan against house for shares this morning from NAB 5.99% fixed 12 months. Won't be fixing the larger ones for a while yet.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.