OGC 0.00% $2.20 oceanagold corporation

basically the newly elected president Rodrigo Duterte has named...

1. 8,321 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 180
    basically the newly elected president Rodrigo Duterte has named Oceana Gold as one of the entities they are not happy with. They have a shutdown mentality towards miners

He as president, also has told the world he wants to be akin to Idi Amin, whom was one the most gruesome dictators ever this planet has seen.

He has ordered his police to mass murder all drug users, dealers and the body count is rising daily, he has told his police force they will be free from any human rights violations under his rule and be protected from prosecution..

its like the worst fears that asia would want has just risen out of the poverty stricken Philippines.

oceana golds risk envelope just went through the roof and into the stratosphere...

there is nothing wrong with oceana, its great people in management and the assets they have, they are all world class. its just the major asset sits in the middle of a political storm in the Philippines and the new "dictator" as he now wants to be labelled is ruling outside the law, which means the commercial sanctity and laws of the Philippines for companies invested in the country are basically worthless and any day now anything can happen to the mines across the Philippines..

USA has a base there, if oceana was on the US stock exchange it may afford better protection.

i would say in oceanas history, this particular moment, is beyond doubt be the most uncertain ever for the gold miner

how can the company reassure its investors that all is under control and all is fine? i think any statement from oceana on that would have to be vetted hard with their legal representatives... its not a great time for the great team working at oceana thats for sure
    Last edited by agentm: 26/07/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OGC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.