IPR 0.00% 4.1¢ ipernica limited

what is the media strategy?, page-14

1. 28,637 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 480
    nearmap.com CEO

February 8, 2011

Hiring talent

I am recruiting new sales talent and I am reminded of a great post from Fred Wilson who lays out his view as what CEO's do - 3 things well - it's worth a read. One of those 3 core things is to attract and retain the best talent for the business. It is isn't easy and it is even more challenging when you are an early stage company like nearmap.com as you have to 'sell' the potential to candidates who haven't respnded to a job posting and have been targetted specifically through networking by our Recruitment Consultants. On that point there are Consultants and there are Consultants and I am working with two good ones - Kevin Griffiths at BMS who has taken alot of time to map the market and the talent before presenting me with a short list and Ian Briggs at K2 who has experience in Spatial. I am meeting 8 or so potential strong candidates each of whom have impressive credentials, sales track records and good well paid jobs with our competitors I see part of my role to envsision the future potential of our business and provide a compelling reason why they would consider joining us. Remember there is real competition for top talent in Australia and it is going to be interesting meeting these candidates and not only pitching the company but also drilling down into their experience.

I think another benefit of hiring really seasoned sales people is they can also add alot of value to our thinking in terms of market insight, pricing and product development plus bring a competitive edge to our team - we want winners. I think it is an exciting time to be joining nearmap.com and our recent activities in Brisbane have helped to underline our capabilities. It is going to be an interesting couple of days but I feel confident there are a couple of real stars who I can convince to join the team. I look forward to introducing them to you in the near future.

http://nearmapceo.posterous.com/

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IPR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.