IPR 0.00% 4.1¢ ipernica limited

pintohoo,As a shareholder I agree those are good uses for...

1. 308 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 122
    pintohoo,

As a shareholder I agree those are good uses for Nearmap but the question is if you have never heard of Nearmap but you already use Google search where GMaps is well integrated, what would make you seek out Nearmap?

How often are people buying houses, or reviewing their exposure to floods/bushfires/natural disasters? These are activities which make sense for Government and commercial users but I honestly can't see it being such a frequent need for most consumers.

The way I see it Google Maps is "good enough" for most people, for most purposes. Typical day to day things like looking up an address work great on GMaps and WhereIs. Both also provide navigation information (i.e. driving directions). I don't care that Nearmap doesn't provide either of these features today because they can be easily added if desired but the question is how much value does the currency of Nearmaps add to that day to day experience?

From my own experience I'd say that having current, high resolution maps is definitely handy but I fear that it may be impossibly difficult to convince anyone with substantial eyeballs to integrate it in a profitable way (for Nearmap).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IPR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.