What is the most exotic holiday in Japan?

1. 9,046 Posts.
    I actually haven't quite done this one yet.(next Honshu sakura - it is on the list)..amazing Hateruma island....although I have watched a great Japanese drama filmed there (with English subtitles)....you might find the great series at avistaz.to but I am not sure...It is one of the most southernmost Ryukyu islands - well south of Okinawa. Been to a couple in the south - and they are like Okinawa on steroids.....Imagine beautiful islands, no 3rd-world BS or hassle, go where you want when you want - leave your wallet on the beach and the only thing you need to worry about when you collect it the next day - is the tide....Wonderful snorkelling on the fringe reefs. And superb people that will authentically welcome you and hope you join them for meals and island festivities.....I can hardly wait....There will be a trip report here....

Ryukyus are magic - the most wonderful islands in the world......Because you can freely enjoy them without a problem to worry about....Even as a most welcome tourist.....There is absolutely nothing you need to worry about. Enjoy the calm and peaceful Ryukyus......I've been there several times on various islands (but mostly Okinawa)....and it is my favourite tropical area on the planet. Hateruma has a special significance which intriques me and I will report on how wonderful it is....Looks like my wife and our two youngest - son and daughter - will make the trip as well.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.