ADO 4.55% 2.3¢ anteotech ltd

"Ewen is a corporate leper after the team he lead at Westpac...

1. 3,170 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2608

"Ewen is a corporate leper after the team he lead at Westpac failed to detect money laundering by drug dealers and a poedophile ring in the Phillipines"

This in my opinion is gross cherry picking sensationalism. Westpac self reported the breach to AUSTRAC and it was against a backdrop whereby the banks chair and board were under the gun in many ways. I have researched for evidence that he (Crouch) "lead a team" charged with detecting money laundering - and it's simply not true! The breaches arose from batch instructions, mainly around pensions and corporate accounts, being facilitated for offshore correspondent banks. The idea that a director of Westpac would be responsible for weeding these risks out of the system as part of his responsibilities is quite simply ludicrous. It's the job of Management!

The fact that shareholders booed anyone off stage at an AGM is equally ludicrous...an angry mob of retail shareholders will do that when the company's reputation and dividends are damaged. It's just mob "noise". Then AUSTRAC - as is their want joined in with typical gun toting grand-standing!

Crouch, a former partner at Allens, had spread himself too thin with multiple directorships, and paid a price.
    Try get a good grip on what's going on for boards in the current environment of enforcement agencies/guns for hire.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.3¢
Change
0.001(4.55%)
Mkt cap ! $55.39M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.2¢ 2.3¢ 2.2¢ $10.31K 451.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 1354370 2.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.3¢ 364595 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
2.3¢
  Change
0.001 ( 5.02 %)
Open High Low Volume
2.2¢ 2.3¢ 2.2¢ 541330
Last updated 15.59pm 19/04/2024 ?
ADO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.