ATH 11.1% 0.4¢ alterity therapeutics limited

What is the right strategy forward ?

1. 2,805 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 973
    Strategy with ATH434 and the over 150 other iron chelators is more clear (???) when dealing only with neurodegenerative diseases with accumulating iron. But when ferroptosis, iron overload-related cell death happens not only in the brain but in the heart, bone, muscle, eyes, lungs, kidneys, skin, etc. everything comes more complex at least in a company with only under 15 employees. More problematic everything becomes when there are over 150 new patented iron chelators to be tested in clinical diseases, not immediately but hopefully in under 20 years.

My opinion with PBT2 is clear in antibiotic-resistant infections because there are so many different antibiotics that have become resistant to different bacterial infections. PBT2 needs to be sold outside of Alterity, I hope to a big antibiotic manufacturer. Whether this is what Alterity will do, we do not know, It can delay the deal and do something else.

But how to make ATH434 be a heart drug, or skin drug, etc. because IMO it has the potential to be used in many other diseases than the main interest of ATH, neurodegenerative disease. . Of course, ATH434 needs to get to the market after the phase 2 study (MSA, starting this year).

I cannot see other possibilities than the same as with PBT2. Of course, this kind of problem is a positive problem and because ATH434 is not on the market, the problem is still theoretical. But already at this phase, some preclinical studies should be going on if the target would be to go other medical fields and not only to neurodegeneration.

I just wonder if anybody on his board could see other interesting views on this issue.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
-0.001(11.1%)
Mkt cap ! $21.28M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.4¢ $1.528K 317.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
102 97511267 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 31179254 15
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ATH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.