What is the world is coming to, page-14

1. 29,310 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    "blood money is a thing in Islamic countries - you try to help but they die, you're liable."

I seem to remember reading years back that in some Asian countries, if you save someone's life, you become responsible for that person.

Also, kids are mini escapologists, and can disappear in search of adventures in the blink of an eye.... here in Australia, even.
    A dozing babysitter let a grandson (then 3) disappear, to be eventually found just short of Marmion Ave, Perth , a busy road.
    Some time later, the same babysitter, actually a family member, reversed a car over the same child, thankfully with no major damage. And look at all the kids that wander off and drown..... here in Australia.
    When my kids were young, I used to joke about nailing one of their feet to the floor.....so they could only run around in circles and not go far.
    My oldest son nearly drowned while a toddler..... within 3 feet of me! We were having poolside drinks at a neighbour's place, within the pool fence, with me sitting on the edge of the pool. No one saw him go in, I just happened to look down right next to me, and there he was, about 2 feet below surface, trying to paddle upwards.
    with everyone talking, no one saw/heard a thing. If I hadnt looked down.... he would have drowned.

GZ

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.