What is "treasure in heaven"?, page-26

1. 11,943 Posts.
    Just sitting back and doing nothing (“no part of the world,” ) is a misinterpretation of Jesus' message because he met with people, including sinners,
    --------------
    Whereu, that reminds me of the spoonerism where someone excitedly screams 'DON'T JUST DO SOMETHING...STAND THERE'
    Jehovah's Witnesses are renowned for their house to house ministry in imitation of Jesus.and his early disciples.
    (Luke 4:43) But he said to them: “I must also declare the good news of the Kingdom of God to other cities, because for this I was sent.”
    (Luke 8:1) Shortly afterward he traveled from city to city and from village to village, preaching and declaring the good news of the Kingdom of God. And the Twelve were with him,
    (Luke 10:1, 2) After these things the Lord designated 70 others and sent them out by twos ahead of him into every city and place where he himself was to go. 2 Then he said to them: “Yes, the harvest is great, but the workers are few. Therefore, beg the Master of the harvest to send out workers into his harvest.
    Certainly then being "no part of the world" does not mean not meeting people. True Christians wisely shun attitudes, speech, and conduct that conflict with Jehovah’s righteous ways, such as the world’s avid pursuit of riches, prominence, and excessive indulgence in pleasures. (1 John 2:15-17) They also keep separate from the world by remaining neutral in matters of war and politics again in imitation of Jesus.
    (John 6:15) Then Jesus, knowing that they were about to come and seize him to make him king, withdrew again to the mountain all alone.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.