NBS 0.00% 9.9¢ nationwide building society.

some responses to your questions:I have had no previous...

1. 285 Posts.
    some responses to your questions:

I have had no previous experience or knowledge re NBS; I bought 300,000 on 7th and 9th Sept 09 and sold all at a 1% loss on Friday 17th Sept; if I had held to close of the day before selling then I would have had a 4% profit.

If I didn't correctly answer the question re my holding disclosure then that was inadvertent, but I thought I made it clear that I had sold all.

My 'sell' sentiment was simply because I had to click one of the boxes and that was my view for my holding; it was not intended to be advice to others who will have different criteria for their investment decisions.

In my experience, the presentation of the NBS accounts has involved a considerable creative input; those accounts were not the result of bean-counters simply producing figures for a set of accounts; the accounts presentation had a creative brain behind them (it may be that the missing NBS PR dept has been engaged in the accounts dept?).

so far as the US$ loan is concerned, the comparative figure for the previous year was zero; if it did exist in prev years, as is stated, then is it being rolled-over each year; present term is 5 years; will be interesting to see if it is a 4 year or 5 year loan in the next set of a/cs.

I don't understand why there is hostility to my raising questions about the accounts; they are honestly held opinions and arose from my review of the company's draft financial statement; I referred to the pages and notes to the financial statements and gave my opinion on them; you can do the same and form a view on what the company is presenting in its accounts; my questions can be answered or ignored, but to object because they are raised is irrational.

Speaking of irrationality, I'm not one who believes in financial-astrology; there is only one way to price a company's shares and that is based on Eps, EpsGrowth, and P/E ratio, assuming one is satisfied with macro data for the sector and with the company's financial data ( principally sales/debtors growth and gearing) and satisfied with other information reported by the company.

I don't intend to put my questions to the company; I'm out now and leave questions to the analysts meeting.

peterA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NBS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.