TWE 8.23% $11.97 treasury wine estates limited

What is TWE Worth Ex-China?, page-90

1. 120 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 23
    Western leaders have no problem sacrificing western liberal democratic ideals if it gets them an extra dollar, judging by how US and Canadian wine makers are now pouring into China to profit from Aussie misery.
    In fact, US leaders tell gullible australians how right and noble we are for fighting China....whilst they do business with China and sell their barley and grain and wine to China at our expense.

Personally, i don't care about what makes people here feel good or lets them sleep at night; i do care when my stocks take a 11% dive in value, and i take umbrage at our political leaders insulting our intelligence by telling us we have to take one for the team to fight big bad China, whilst american, Canadian and european winemakers profit.

Finally, Chinese wineries are now competing against everyone else as well; they're good enough to beat out French wines in blind competitions, why would Chinese or even liberal democratic markets in france et al purchase Australian wine over award winning Chinese, French or American wines?

I'm actually surprised at the rather childlike nature of a lot of my fellow australians; it never occurs to them that just cuz america is white and english speaking, doesn't mean they wouldn't screw us over to get a better deal with China.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TWE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.