re: what is wrong with yak ....??nothing!!!! Sue12

1. 1,565 Posts.
    re: what is wrong with yak ....??nothing!!!! Sue12 << full of white man's beer >>

well try & stop selling it to them & watch them come down on you like a ton of bricks!

Yak << Very little if any comprehension of their acts >>

let's get this discussion back into logical lines. you can get back behind the pub & fight it out with broken beerbottles later.

as a writer & flattering myself to be the only true post modernist in australia, let me tell you rule number one of good writing as distinct from well-meant but endless meaningless scribble:

you have to BE there!

now this is not to say that you can be everywhere you want to be, in order to be able to write intelligently with understanding. nor do you have to. not physically in person anyway. it could even be unhealthy. getting in there among machete-wielding twelve-year olds in Rwanda would have been unwise at the time of the disturbances, as would loitering on Redfern station on any given saturday night. (less risky but only relatively so. bleeding to death because you've had your arm chopped off or falling in front of a moving train, either way you'll end up dead).

no, it means you have to be able mentally, emotionally if required, to transport yourself into the persona of anyone anywhere or else, for heaven's sake refrain from scribbling garbage about them, in a remote journalistic skimming-the-surface mode!

imagine you are jesus for a minute. He feels with you. popular interpretation has it that He will say to you: bad boy/girl, go away & don't do it again!

it's not as simple as that. but it's as good a starting point as any, for anyone who wants to do some delving.

another thought along these lines: you are in a bottomless pit, no way will you get out of there. the jew will say to himself the lord is my shepherd I shall not want. the christian takes it one step further: he knows that jesus is down there with him, feeling his pain, his anguish.

that's what a writer has to do: in feeling, be there!

and for gossake Yak, change the heading of this thread back to where it started! it's very interesting, but it's not ALL about Yak.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.