As I said, I come from nothing and have probably down played...

1. 22,951 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    As I said, I come from nothing and have probably down played that, to quite an extent.
    However, what that up bringing taught me and drive it gave me, resulted in, we are now in the position $ wise, that Most could only dream of (I don't say this in a bragging context).

However, when I think back to our Black Shack days as kids, no power, running water into the house (Shack) etc etc, on W/Ends, people would rock up, they were drawn to the place and us.
    Relies, friends, you name it.
    As adults now, they all riminess about those days and say how much they cherished them.
    A little of exaggeration as you can imagine, gets added making it all the more hilarious.

So you might say, that is happiness, richness that actual $'s can't buy, as the other poster was referring to.
    ----------------------
    As for the gifting subject that come up, money or no money and why do some do it, or why does it make them feel good, as in an inner feeling.
    One day I asked the Riding for the Disabled Ladies, that used to pick up and drop off their horse at my place for free grazing, to help their costs etc.
    As they are all volunteers, I asked them, what drives them as they appeared passionate about it?
    All they seemed to come up with was, they got a good feeling inside, watching the kids and the kids progress.

So, I googled it up as I also wanted answers for myself as well and it turns out, our brain sort of produces a happy, feel good chemical, which disperses into the body.

So, to quite a degree, that probably also answers a lot with regards to my mother.
    Although at times she was at pains in trying to think of ideas, to produce dinner for us 8 kids, she was always there to lend a hand to others.
    Taken advantage of at times she was, but life can be like that.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.