what is your trading story?, page-43

1. 2,466 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 281
    My brother has been trading for a living since 2008 and he has done very well out of it. In fact, he tells me from time to time that he doesn't want to sell out of some of his holdings because he'd have to pay too much tax :-)

The catalyst for me to enter the market came two years ago, when I got a call from my brother urging me to buy into CFU. My wife and I decided to transfer $10k into a trading account and see how things went. I diversified as much as possible with such a small pot, so I didn't lose too much on CFU (sold out long ago).

In the last two financial years, I have turned a small profit. Did very well out of SIP, INL, MDV, EHR, SRH, NUF and ELD but lost some on IMI, PRR, EMS, ERJ and CFU to name a few.

Just before NMR went bunta, I decided to transfer an extra $25k into my trading account. Made some great profits out of two trades on NMR and lost some on my last trade (although it was a much smaller parcel than the first two).

I took the money I made in NMR and turned it into EHR. I've always liked EHR and have topped up my holding at prices from 2.2c to 6.9c (avg = 3c) and, although I'm not ready to pat myself on the back yet, I'm confident that I've made a good call there so I'm expecting to post a decent profit this financial year.

I've got a strong feeling that 2012 will provide a solid foundation for the next bull market and I am hoping to ride that wave when it comes.

Timbo wanted to know ages etc.. Well, I'm 36 years old, have three children (and one on the way) and, when I'm not trading, I'm working on my PhD in Bridge Engineering.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.