what is your trading story?, page-52

1. 475 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Hi All

I started watching the sharemarket in the early 2000's, had a small amount of capital at the time and had my first punt on MST. I remember investing around $2,000 and watching it go all the way to $10,000 I was so confident in the stock I went away from the screen for an afternoon to do some shopping coming back for the last 20 minutes of trade. I bet 99.9% of you know what I'm going to say next! Yep you guessed it the price tumbled leaving me with a $600 profit, I took the profit only to put the money back in 2 days later to lose the lot, I only sold it 2 years ago from purchasing it early 2000's.
    So what did I do next, well for a few years I carried on working watching the market having a little play here and there nothing major. I managed to accumulate 50k from 2002 to 2005 and then in 2006 my dear beloved grandmother left me some inheritance giving me some extra cash to play with, it wasn't a lot but good all the same. I started to purchase a few stock and did heaps of research and technicals spending 2-3hrs a night after work and 4-5 hrs each weekend studying, I'm not married and have no kids so I had plenty of time. In 2007 (don't quote me on dates) I heard the first rumour that BNP Paribas were having trouble with sub prime loans, I decided to bail out of the market and carried on working full time but still watching and waiting cashed up. In March 2009 the market as we now know started to make a turn and within the 2nd week I had more or less invested what I had, "risky I know".
    Some of the stocks I invested in BKN PNA SDL PRR to name a few, BKN was probably one of my best trades making 350% but most were pretty good. Anyway to cut a long story short over 2 years I have managed to accumulate 4-5 times the initial investment and has left me being able to leave my full time job and trade the sharemarket full time.
    I've seen them all through the years PDN at 3c making its way to $10 and not having the money to have a go ggrrr, FMG and just recently SFR that was not having the guts..lol!!
    Anyway I started trading full time July this year and its probably been the worst time to start but I managed to stick to a strict trading plan and haven't lost too much but it has been tough there's no getting away from it.
    Well I hope you have enjoyed reading my story as I have enjoyed reading others.
    All the best with your trading, GOOD LUCK, DYOR and spend plenty of hours studying, I did and it worked out just fine...SO FAR!!!
    Merry Xmas everyone!!
    Pennystock

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.