A2M 0.54% $5.56 the a2 milk company limited

What is your vision for a2m?, page-39

1. 3,927 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 81
    Motley fool

Why a2 Milk Company Ltd (Australia) shares sank 8% lower today

James Mickleboro | November 1, 2017 | More on: A2M

In early trade the a2 Milk Company Ltd (Australia) (ASX: A2M) share price had a terrible start and sank over 8% lower to $6.98.

It has since rebounded and is lower by just over 3.5% to $7.34.

Why did its shares sink lower?

With no news out of the company or broker notes to speak of, it is likely that investors have been spooked by a change in substantial holding announced yesterday afternoon.

According to the announcement, Colonial First State Asset Management has trimmed back its holding in the dairy company from a 6.4% stake to a 5.4% stake.

Although no explanation was given for the selling, it is likely that the asset manager has decided to take a bit of profit off the table following its stellar share price gain this year.

After all, a2 Milk’s shares are up well over 250% since the start of the year thanks to impressive sales into the lucrative China market.

Should you buy the dip?

While I think a2 Milk is one of the best buy and hold investment options on the market, I wouldn’t be a buyer at this share price.

At least not until the company has held its annual general meeting later this month. If it fails to deliver a sales update which justifies the recent share price gains, then there’s every chance that its shares could tumble lower.

In light of this, I think the prudent thing to do is to keep your powder dry and wait patiently for its November 22 meeting

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A2M (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.56
Change
0.030(0.54%)
Mkt cap ! $4.025B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.50 $5.61 $5.49 $7.155M 1.289M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 6277 $5.54

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.57 11611 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
A2M (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.