EVN 1.86% $3.44 evolution mining limited

What just happened, page-137

1. 1,259 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9254
    'Not sure what announcement you are referring too? At this point they are still in and the review is this Friday.'

No, they are not still in. They were officially removed from the GDXJ list last Friday 11th March (Saturday 12th March AEST). You need to go to the latest review tab (on the RHS) via

http://www.marketvectorsindices.com...-vectors-global-junior-gold-miners/weightings

to see the changes below.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    1 DELETION 1051 HK G-RESOURCES GROUP LTD
    2 DELETION KCN AT KINGSGATE CONSOLIDATED LTD
    3 DELETION NST AT NORTHERN STAR RESOURCES LTD
    4 DELETION OGC CT OCEANAGOLD CORP
    5 DELETION EVN AT EVOLUTION MINING LTD
    This explains the heavy selling yesterday and during the past couple of weeks. i.e. even though the review is officially dated 11th March, the rebalancing would have been determined based on data at the end of Feb. I could be wrong but once the review is officially announced, I'm pretty sure the rebalancing needs to be finalised the following day.

In any case, the removal from the GDXJ is (or has been) a short term issue for EVN holders. Remember that the company reports its Q1 activities in six weeks or so. The average spot price of Gold for the March quarter is virtually set at @A$1640 (unless we see a complete gold price meltdown in the next 12 trading days which would lower the average only a little).

Therefore based on a A$1600+ average (note: the hedgebook provides further assurance that a record average sale price will be achieved), record revenue and record positive cash flow will be generated this quarter. This will likely provide the re-rate (or SP recovery) some of us are looking for. In turn the GDX index will need to increase its exposure/weighting by purchasing additional shares on market.

GLTA and DYOR
    Last edited by elphamale: 15/03/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.44
Change
-0.065(1.86%)
Mkt cap ! $6.841B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.46 $3.47 $3.42 $13.76M 3.999M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 33498 $3.43

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.44 155427 93
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.03pm 01/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.