LYC 0.00% $7.02 lynas rare earths limited

what might happen when the tol is approved!, page-8

1. 243 Posts.
    When issued is the key.

But now we have 30 new recommendations? Make take awhile not only to meet those (after arguing about their precise meaning and interpretation) but also to set-up a new panel of experts to ensure the 30 new recs are being met via the new Special Committee to regulate LAMP. Doubtless the Special Committee will be empowered to add new regulations whenever they deem necessary.

The question is not whether the LAMP will run but whether it will gimp along because the efficiency of any plant being run by “special committee” would certainly be suspect, if it could run at all overseen by non-production people. The “Special Committee” appointments could take weeks, if not months to assign, recalling the AELB’s fiasco assigning a “special regulator” months ago after the “new conditions” were added to the TOL application early this year.

The big question is whether the new Special Committee is another delaying tactic until post election. I hope I am wrong, but the goal of winning a 2/3 majority and issuing Lynas the TOL pre election may not be compatible goals for this gov’t. Yes, the gov’t has made it clear that Lynas will get the TOL someday and, of course we all want it to be today, but the gov’t knows Lynas isn’t going anywhere. They risk very little by making Lynas wait. They may view the potential reward of winning 2/3 of the seats worth slight risk involved.

It will not be a tight election concerning who will win. But it is an EXTREMELY TIGHT election for winning the coveted 2/3 majority. We might do well to think about that reality it in relation to timing the TOL issuance. I hope it will be June or July but it may come post a Sept election. There sure as hell hasn’t been anyone in gov’t in a hurry so far. My apology for the soberness. I’m long and sitting, occasionally picking up shares around .90 US. If things suddenly change, I will be thrilled.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.02
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.561B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.92 $7.09 $6.86 $26.51M 3.784M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5100 $7.02

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.04 8902 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.