what 'modern' convenience have you given up?

1. 12,085 Posts.
    I'm about to give up on tissues. They simply don't work. Pick any 2 ply tissue and you can't blow your nose and wipe away the mucus. The tissue collapses due to wetness. This causes health issues because your fingers become contaminated. Contrary to belief, a cloth handkerchief contains the mucus and forms a barrier, thus making it more hygienic.

You would think that technology is readily available. We make soft saturated tissues to wipe lenses free of scratches and soft wet tissues to wipe soft baby bottoms. And these days, adult bottoms. A dry tissue with stronger fibers shouldn't be beyond manufactures.

So why are nose tissues ineffective unless one uses 2 or 3? Why not make them 4/6 ply and be done with it. I found one slightly effective solution. Buy the cheap home brand tissues. Being coarser they are stronger, but still soft. Even more effective is to use a Handee or Viva towelette. Or toilet paper!

Tissues are definitely an ineffective and expensive product not worth the tree it has cut down.

I'm going to wind the clock back to the good old days.

What 'modern' convenience do you put up with but find it's making your life more difficult? And wonder why you're still refusing to accept its in effectiveness and ditch it?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.