Croupier,The point you rase about all wanting a better life here...

1. 1,781 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Croupier,

The point you rase about all wanting a better life here can only be made in an essentially agnostic society.

Look at it from the Muslim and (believing) Christian's perspective.

If you're lucky you make it to about 70 or 80 years ,(in the West) you are suject to sickness,suffering,sorrow and death . Now in between that you might have some great experiences but mate the meter spins faster every year.

Now look at what the pie in the sky when I die religions offer. In the here and now a "certainty" that the creator God is your friend and in that context all the rotten things don't matter because when the lights go out you have not just 70 or 80 years of bliss but a whole eterniy of it.

Now every long term investor,interested in retirement benefits ,should jump at that. (don't know about the day traders.) The only problem is that Western culture and science tends to stuff it up a bit by making it harder to believe with any certainty so most "part time" Christians are getting what they can here just in case.

So these Muslims lads will say, well Croup you're not offering much of a deal. Thanks but no thanks.

They know as do fair dinkum Christians that pie in the sky when I die costs in the here and now while I'm still alive. That is, if they take their holy book seriously.

Islam (submission to God) is a Christian as well as a Muslim requirement.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.