BNB babcock & brown limited

what must ian huntley be thinking, page-24

1. 1,528 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25
    I think what people are overlooking here is that the sell down in Babcock is basically market related and has little to do with the underlying business fundamentals (from what I can tell).

Yes the have alot of debt, however they also have alot of assets. They have cashflow to cover their interest repayments (from what I have been lead to believe).

So I ask again what has changed in two weeks? The market...
    How can you blame the analysts that would have surely done in depth valuations on the stock given the underlying business fundamentals. Even if they had of valued the stock a month ago and taken into account the market at that point they probably werent far wrong no doubt.
    I am no analyst and do make assumptions on the tools they use to value the company however I presume they are in depth cashflow analysis no doubt.

The market in this case has had a huge change of sentiment and is really spooked by BNB, hence the sinking of the titanic that we are witnessing at the moment.

I think that if the bankers let BNB sort it out the business will carry on as usual and the price should climb in the longer term (all be it with some hesitation given the drumming the reputation has taken).

Will it be around long enough to release value for the poor shareholders that currently hold? I would think that any predator would be taking a pretty close look at it at the moment and management would surely be thinking about ways to delist the company and retain and improve their 40% holding.

Just my thoughts, please do not rely or use them. Feel free to provide your opinion as this is what I have done.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BNB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.