NWT 0.00% 11.5¢ newsat limited

what newsat has over the rest

1. 59 Posts.
    Newsat's satellite is called NSS-6, it was launched in December 2002 by New Skies in Holland.
    What made the satellite unique is that that is a true IP or Internet protocol satellite.
    There ares two-way satellites available from Optus, from Telstra and others utilising other satellites which have then have some inherited disadvantages in that they are not optimised for Internet. They are general data communications TV, DVB satellites.
    The latency issue, which is the biggest technological challenge with initial satellite broadband has somewhat been overcome — fooling it the satellite into thinking it has a response before it has so that it keeps sending stuff and only corrects the errors it needs to rather than looking to see if there is an error every time.
    That is probably the most advanced area of satellite; to try to overcome the latency.
    Newsat are certainly in a position with their technology to gain substantial new business the world is a big place, this is all the gossip that I manage to pick up on the dinner table.
    I bought some Newsat and have gone back for some more.
    I don't think I will have to wait too long.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.