QIN 0.00% 29.5¢ quintis ltd

Hope of getting anything worthwhile back was lost when we went...

1. 26 Posts.
    Hope of getting anything worthwhile back was lost when we went into VA. The only chance for shareholders I see is for the Co-op to be successful - maybe then the creditors will come to the party and work on a solution that benefits all. have a listen to the below link from the 2 minute mark. of particular relevance to our conversation is the interview from one of the landowners in Kununurra.

http://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs/nt-country-hour/nt-country-hour/9411846

re 2002 - if i was wrong with my assumptions then why would a business use it's last $3m to purchase grower wood before announcing VA days later? Given the company had been funded with a $20m line from BR and were at their mercy, I assume they were acting under blackrock's instructions or at least would have required approval from blackrock to buy the wood? Clearly a move to ensure that the assets were controlled by creditors and naturally they make more money by screwing growers. This wood was purchased at a 40% discount (per tonne of heartwood) to the previous year, how is that not a poor result?

It basically comes down to one thing - who is going to maximise growers' return on investment; who can maintain trees at a high standard for the cheapest price and who can sell the wood at the highest price? that is the only thing that is relevant in all of this and I have no doubt that the Co-op run by growers with aligned interests to growers are better placed to do this than creditors or administrators.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QIN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.