ICN 0.00% 0.6¢ icon energy limited

I am waiting for a "possible" traditional, for ICN, pre-AGM ann:...

1. 21,341 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2084
    I am waiting for a "possible" traditional, for ICN, pre-AGM ann: A closure of the deal with BPT and at what price; Drilling results from BPT in 218, probably end next week, and, who knows, SinoGas just might come out with "something."
    Drilling in 626 not expected to commence until mid to end Dec, but could come earlier if consent is obtained from landholders (which I would have though would be a formality.) Some good news from WA re a new (for Aust) process to "open up" shale wells (see BRU ann)
    I am just watching volumes for any "hints" but, happy to ride out the next few weeks and maybe pick up a few that might be going around 18.5.
    When you see the market caps of all the other "hopefuls," I still cannot fathom how severely ICN has been treated for just making that MOU ann, which was only a MOU and they had to legally announce it. I'm sure that RJ would have liked to wait until it was a SPA, but, ASX rules prevented him from witholding that info.
    Makes me more convinced that there would be a major re-rating if that SPA comes through, with minimal down side if it doesn't, having already been discounted by the market as a joke.
    Shell has just sold off 8% of its Woodside holding and has told the world that it no longer wants to be a part player and now wants to concentrate heavily in Qld as a major j/v or outright ownership. Both proposed Gladstone plants have now received Fed govt environment approval.
    That puts a lot of the "big" CSG boys under notice and even elevates some of the lower ranks, that have PROVEN reserves, on the takeover list. There must be consolidation in the CSG sector, especially the Qld ones and that will just make ICN's EVENTUAL position very strategic if and when they start proving up reserves (quite apart from "that" SinoGas "relationship" which would change the landscape completely) It is not tomorrow stuff, but, at 18.5 and 19 I reckon that it is a great time to accumulate with a bit of patience involved.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ICN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.