NDO 0.56% 90.0¢ nido education limited

Read this... "Fraud on the minority refers to an improper...

1. 414 Posts.
    Read this...

"Fraud on the minority refers to an improper exercise of voting power by the majority of members of a company. It is the evidence of failure to cast votes for the benefit of the company as a whole. A majority in control of a company perpetrates a fraud on the minority. A resolution passed upon such voting is voidable. For example, a resolution for alteration of the articles of association to allow the compulsory purchase of members' shares.
    Fraud on the minority' means there has been some element of misappropriation of company property. [In re Tyco Int'l, Ltd., 2004 DNH 155 (D.N.H. 2004)]
    Fraud on the minority permits a derivative suit when the plaintiff sufficiently pleads that a majority who are in control of a company perpetrated a fraud on the minority of the company. [Tomran, Inc. v. Passano, 159 Md. App. 706, 714 (Md. Ct. Spec. App. 2004)]"

So they can't just pass resolutions to benefit themselves at our expense. If they do
    -they can be sued
    If I recall correctly, and I think I do , if a judge feels that a possible Fraud on the Minority is occurring he can make the company pay for a lawsuit to sue themselves!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NDO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
90.0¢
Change
0.005(0.56%)
Mkt cap ! $205.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
90.0¢ 90.0¢ 90.0¢ $17.45K 19.39K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 25000 88.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
90.0¢ 3950 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NDO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.