OZL 0.00% $26.44 oz minerals limited

What now ?, page-47

1. 5,061 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3066
    Excellent summation and post as usual @eastwest101 , and thanks also @Ashentegra.

I very much appreciate your work and all you share.

I look at a huge number of things & it takes time to really get to know a company -including held assets and true prospectivity , respected management & their ability to announce ongoing news to the market, + attract and retain longterm solid investors.

Small companies need to like and treat common shareholders with respect and have ability to be somewhat indefatigable not only working for the company to progress all but also in being available enough to excellently present and explain company’s results and timelines, with honest explanation.
    Company awareness & communication is very important .
    Especially crucial with explorers and developers- resources sector particularly.

For many reasons right atm, with global minerals and metals index having turned down weeks ago & global growth concerns & possibility copper price falls shortterm , + mining costs inflation + need for major developments and acquisitions this year —
    *I favour explorers with excellent land in very particular regions geographically, over mid -tier or even the major producers in many ways right now.

Just to manage risk. Maintain decent cash balance with years expenses held, or in high interest bearing or bank offset account against any loans perhaps held.
    I “miss the boat” - then I miss the boat. (Eg BHP , Rio or even many mid- tier producers which have never yet held - many in development phase major assets or will undertake acquisitions or seek major funding in this year.)

I think there are more nearterm price catalysts in selected explorers or some developers—& definitely also in biotech & health which perform more independently with overall global markets.

The majors moved in the past 6 months- and smaller companies have arguable catching up to do due to longterm fundamentals with copper and main needed metals and minerals .
    And health stocks have been unseen and market not sought to understand or follow them (excepting CSL) yet a lot of catching up now happening the other side of the global pandemic, and with aging populations and much need for growth and advancement and better standard of care diagnosis & treatments.

Sprott for instance believe that BHP & Rio could see shareprice falls. (even 30% Rod Rule said last weekend )

Small resources explorers with historical data or very compelling geophysical indicators, and past mining or near to majors and longterm infrastructure & processing.

With experienced people leading .

So for what it is worth-
    I’ve favoured CPM in the Cloncurry area as best risk: reward, along with ensuring to hold HMX. And bought more in recent weeks and months.
    Missed CNB evolving -ironically while was on roadtrip to Cloncurry & NQld to check out MEP environs + greater longterm likely development NQld /main prospective areas for discoveries
    LRV is ex ground spun- out from MEP (after OZL carried out exploration work in JV with Minotaur) , from around Barbara & I don’t hold it & their NZ & WA story land. Barbara is now held by AIS but they need to develop underground mining in the next years , open pit having been mined out in the past.
    Geo who scoped out Barbara and been in the region for over a decade- been with HMX since Soul Pats RoundOak acquired it and land - all now in AIS .
    Quite a regional province greater Cloncurry & nearly all the majors have presence there and would hope to find major discoveries still- although difficult to do.

Minotaur was exceptional to follow- original company team discovered Prominent Hill- acquired by effectively OZL. Prominent Hill became the company maker for OZL.
    Ex- Minotaur Geos are very respected.
    A1M I ended up with, like Ashentegra, due to MEP, then DRM script takeovers.(but sold down predominantly, as MEP then DRM were such major holdings for me )
    Have handful CUS because I have to follow the longterm SA Prominent Hill /BHP province stories and potential discoveries & growth.

However I also like the greater Cadia environs- the majors being NCM- now to be Newmont, Sumitomo and developer and producer ALK now. ALK still got a lot to prove and achieve but must be followed. (I have still never held it, missed by cents in picking it up the week of their discovery about 5 years ago )

I have bought MAG this year and more in recent weeks there.

Plus some selected biotech with my ears pinned back.

I see the market as still in risks territory right atm and nearterm.
    Though could see CDA going up more or NST or ALK a few weeks ago and others, it’s important right now to recognise what you think a stock is going to yield and go to as it is derisked or if major results confirmed. I have personally sold copper producers & taken losses on some stocks to pivot into derisked grossly undervalued biotech or compelling nearterm exploration companies as mentioned, adjacent to significant discoveries and near to majors and infrastructure, and which will be acquired if resources are confirmed.

Wish everyone all the best with investing- it is not easy or quick but can gradually build + hopefully have some good luck along the way which is even life-changing .

Need to ultimately move into the major producers, though right now they are not underpriced.
    Last edited by Aqua65: 30/04/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OZL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.