LYC 0.00% $6.80 lynas rare earths limited

In the very short term I think Molycorp citing poor rare earth...

1. 1,146 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    In the very short term I think Molycorp citing poor rare earth demand as one of the reasons for delaying phase 2 is bad for Lynas, but Molycorp is really just a hot air factory and regardless of poor demand I doubt they would've completed phase 2 anytime soon. So I think this is very positive for Lynas, one of their main competitors is largely out of the picture, they were anyway, but now everyone knows it and world rare earth supply projections will be adjusted. I'm sure many have also realised that very few of the other advanced rare earth projects will actually make it to production, current REO prices will prevent them from raising the necessary capital. I also highly doubt Japan will ever want to go back to a situation where China has them over a barrel so they have a vested interest in keeping Lynas afloat Just history repeating with China putting rare earth hopefuls out of business before they even begin. Hopefully this happens quickly so they can jack the prices up again in the near future so Lynas can take advantage and use big profits to scoop up a bunch of super-cheap abandoned deposits.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.80
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.356B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.85 $6.89 $6.77 $9.256M 1.356M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 12357 $6.79

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.80 13181 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.