what part don't people get?, page-6

1. 12,085 Posts.
    Andrew

Sorry to hear your friend lost his life on our roads. I didn't intend to group everyone as being at fault.

The sad fact with the case I posted is that it was preventable. For 3 people to die due to a car torn to pieces like a Meccano set thrown up in the air is definitely extreme and excessive speed. Cars are designed to crumble, not tear themselves apart. Whether the speed was coupled with alcohol/and/or drugs is to be seen from an investigation. I may be presumptuous, he may have had a heart attack and his foot jammed the accelerator on full throttle.

kingpins

You're correct. Any behaviour modifications are not going to happen overnight. And for authorities to try another tactic will be a hard slog as they won't readily admit failed campaigns. Maybe we should drag offenders down to rehabilitation centres and morgues to see what they could end up like. But I suppose the civil rights brigade won't approve. It may traumatise some. Better to traumatise them than the innocent victims they may kill or maim. Buy that's another argument.

Keep safe.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.