as far as i am concerned the powers that be are part of the...

1. 820 Posts.
    as far as i am concerned the powers that be are part of the problem and not the solution..

Adelaide( motor sport fans or "bogans" as you call them) for years has been trying for a drag strip closer to the CBD ,near Torrens Island or Outer harbour(that general area) on state or federal owned land that has no real use and is basically waste land.The people trying to get this going have raised some money and want state and fed govt to give them a lease and help with the money towards construction but as usual no or diversiory tactics from the powers that be have left this great idea hanging.

you will not change people's thinking towards drugs, drinking,driving fast,taking risks but at least one group has come up with an idea to take the hoons from the streets and give them a place to vent in a controlled enviroment.

this has the potential to be more effective than millions spent on education and i have no problem about the nanny state thinking (well...i do) but great that they can tell you what not to do but how about giving an alternative if you are going to do it....

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.