what price for the houses on 'the block', page-28

1. 17,117 Posts.
    markco....
    I did spend a load of time over there shopping...hence my familiarity with Richmond.....
    I assume you were a renter, not an owner in richmond....

the lazy hazy days of ones youth fondly remembered...

I can bet the little woman would not consider richmond as a place to buy the family home...and to raise a family....

not prestigeous enough...not family friendly....

richmond is still typical of bohemians, drop puts, and never care types.....the down and outs....druggies and alcoholics.....graffitti everywhere....slum like....

and then you all grow up....

its too easy today....just use the google maps to look around the neighborhood, look at the houses....the culture...get real...the real picture

its not mainstream australia at all.....

I can tell you...it would be the very last place on earth I would consider as an investment property suburb....or where to place my valuable money...for future growth...

Chapel st, and South Yarra is not much better....same dodgy ugly little dog boxes, workers cottages, passed off as housing.....only far more expensive.....

because the young ones, think its hip...its all in the mind...they all go there...like face book and twitter....

its just so well nothing...but ever so popular...so shallow...nothing of substance required...

they are both the ugly cousins of Toorak...they think if they live next door to something.....then there are bragging rights....
    works great for the bogans and feral friends

its the wannabe attitude...almost there, the second ugly cousin....
    almost is good enough....a 2nd hand copy of the real thing..
    and then one day....hopefully they grow up...get half a brain...
    realise they need to become intelligent, conservative, and finally become ....responsible....
    and move on....from the irresponsibilty of youth....
    hello to adulthood....
    in my day we acted like adults at 21 ....
    today it has moved to almost age 40 before they start taking responsibilty...move away from home....

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.