GUN 0.00% 1.1¢ gunson resources limited

I have to agree with some of that.SFX do have a massive deposit....

1. 9,311 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1120
    I have to agree with some of that.

SFX do have a massive deposit. It's theoretically the sort that ILU would seek to acquire. It's not the same space as Coburn as a result. There are niches in this industry and Coburn can fill one. By the way don't SFX have a significant challenge with slimes? They have a long way to go to get into production from what I've read and the suggestion seems to be that they may have a high cost of production. That's what definitive and bankable feasibility studies are for and they won't be happening any time soon. Perhaps that's why the excitement seems to have died off for them? Plenty of time for them to turn that around though.

MZI are already a producer in the NT. As such it's a bit apples/oranges but yes they are further advanced on financing Keysbrook project in WA project. It is important to note that it's not actually financed though, been sitting at 50% pledged for a while now with the balance tanatalisingly around the corner. Coburn is a better project and more than twice the potential mine life. The shortish life is probably part of why MZI have had difficulty placing the full finance. At least they've got part of it though.

So none of these 3 have perfect projects or perfectly positioned. Ideally you'd like the finance stage of MZI, the size and grade of SFX and the simplicity and cleanness of GUN's. But we don't have that (except in ILU) but to me Coburn sits quite comfortably in there if BB is good enough to sell it.

You definitely have the sand experience/knowledge peppie but this is all about getting deals done. That's a different skill set and has a lot to do with relationships and networks. Coburn is not the best project around but it's also far from the worst. Importantly it is economic, for a sustained mine life and ready to go and that's a product that can be sold which is BB's task. Wish him luck! He does need some. :)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GUN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.