MLS 5.00% 1.9¢ metals australia ltd

I'm surprised at 2 statements in the latest quarterly :1)...

1. 56 Posts.
    I'm surprised at 2 statements in the latest quarterly :

1) "Success (of the drilling program) would be an extended area of mineralization of a few metres depth at 150g/tonne" (a bit paraphrased)

2) expected depth of mineralization is below 50m (again paraphrased)

To me, 150 ppm seems to be aiming too low for U grade. If we believe that the correct protocols were carried out in the radon cup survey (a week or more time frame with stable weather during radon collection, including before commencement of survey), & if the expected deposit is as deep as now envisaged, & given that the half life of radon is 3.8 days & with radon (atomic mass = 222) being a heavy gas (nitrogen atomic mass = 14), then the radon would take quite a time to diffuse through the ground to the surface, & decaying by half every 3.8 days.

Thus, I figure if the U deposit (& U IS in the ground IN THIS tenement - MLS guarantees it!) really is quite deep, then it must be pretty rich so that it's daughter decomposition product, radon, can reach the surface in impressive quantity over the extended "depth timeframe".

So, by my reasoning (do your own) MLS (we long-suffering shareholders) are either looking at a very large depth of U mineralization at low grade (MLS suggests 150 ppm), or if MLS were to be correct in only envisaging "just a few metres", then it must be at much higher grade .....

Whilst I'm at it, I imagine the area was originally 'honed in' on by an aerial radiometric survey. As there is BA U near surface & as the radioactive signal from U attenuates as the square of distance from source & is much attenuated by rock/soil, then it follows that to get a signal above ground from a deep ore body, then the source must be both large & rich .... again, DYOR

The above is all that keeps me with an interest in MLS - I'll 'spit chips' if my reasoning is flawed!

Col8

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.9¢
Change
-0.001(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $13.78M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.9¢ 2.0¢ 1.9¢ $1.775K 90.76K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 1502071 1.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.0¢ 104020 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.34pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.