QAN 0.96% $6.28 qantas airways limited

what really happens at qantas ??, page-31

1. 3,784 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1552
    Hi bossdog,

You wrote,

'Ditch the pay rise and pay shareholders a dividend with the measly profits we make!'

I feel your frustration! I want a dividend too!

IMO the problem is that there is a battle of ego's here and it will cost you and I a huge amount. It was reported that the last engineers strike cost Qantas $160m, what do you think it will cost taking on 3 unions? $450m? To save how much?

I say give them there 2-3% pay rises(no more than that), some conditions that aren't that expensive and most importantly, extract some efficiencies out of them.

The problem is IMO, management either have no idea or are just using our money in a fight of ego. Look at the disruptions caused by the unions on one of the busiest weekend of the year. Like it or not, the unions are part of the company, the sooner Qantas management works with them, the sooner this all goes away and the company can concentrate on shareholder returns.

Once again IMO, Clifford is playing a dangerous game with our money, in an attempt to bust the unions. Look at the awful press Qantas is getting currently. In hot water in Fiji with human rights and workers right issues. On lateline last night, with safety concerns again.

We will not see a dividend while Clifford is at the helm.

Your last comment, I thought was quite ironic,

"I hope Joyce sticks to his guns and continues the Asia expansion, big area of growth. Of course, most people (especially HC daro's) expect this to be an overnight runaway success. It will take time..."

This is where your dividend is going. It is to set up overseas airlines, of which they have proved are not profitable with Jetstar Asia and Pacific(Vietnam), hence why you will not get a dividend for the forseeable future.

It will take time alright. 6 years since they have set these airlines up, no profit yet, not even a return of the set up costs. Do you honestly think that Qantas will waltz into Asia and steal passengers from the likes of Cathay, Singapore, ANA, Korean, China Southern, China Eastern, Asiana? Even over time, all the time competing with government regulations and government owned entities?

CEO worth a 71% payrise? The rest of the management worth 62% payrises? Heads of departments are getting higher pay than the CEO of Cathay and Singapore. Sheesh!

Shareprice.... lower than in the GFC and will continue lower until this management gets a proper wakeup call or are removed altogether.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.28
Change
0.060(0.96%)
Mkt cap ! $10.23B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.22 $6.28 $6.19 $23.69M 3.786M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 35000 $6.25

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.28 96134 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.