QAN 0.33% $6.09 qantas airways limited

what really happens at qantas ??, page-40

1. 793 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Bossdog,

Happy to have a look at it and get back to you. Might take a week or two though. I assume the point you are going to make is that QAN wages are higher than VBA wages. Off the top of my head, I would say that is probably right on average. Does not change my opinion though on how QAN is currently being run. I would assume that both QAN and VBA are both interested in having the best skilled work force available. Have you looked at how Google treat their staff? The philosophy is that if you look after the staff you attract the brightest and best workers available, and that my friend determines what type of company performance you end up with at the end of the day. Pay peanuts, get monkeys!

The Asian strategy is flawed, and rather than having the guts to ignore shareholders, the company should be listening intently to what others are saying. Shareholders are not all inexperienced dumb asses when it comes to running companies, in fact many large investors have reached the top of their professional fields and have run large companies very successfully. Whatever QAN sets up in Asia, it will very expensive and if it fails to be successful, it will set QAN back to a point that they may not recover from. The competition is fierce and it will not be any easy business to run. Many hurdles.

If you feel so strongly that an Asian expansion is the right way to go (and you are entitled to do so), would you care to give us all and insight into what is going on at Jetstar Asia? How many years will it take to recoup that investment?

Surfrat.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.09
Change
-0.020(0.33%)
Mkt cap ! $9.923B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.14 $6.15 $6.06 $127.6M 20.96M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 358510 $6.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.10 85 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.