QAN 0.17% $6.02 qantas airways limited

what really happens at qantas ??, page-6

1. 3,780 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1551
    Hi mike,

This may be of interest to you. It seems like Qantas are coming to the table, but are not interested in negotiating. 'Talking to a brick wall' sounds like turning up but not negotiating. I asked one of my contacts and he confirmed this, but this was a different union, so it seems like Qantas might be doing this deliberately. I can't work out why, but it seems like we, as shareholders, deserve an honest answer.

"Qantas group executive Olivia Wirth said that industrial action by the engineers in 2008 had caused ''significant delays and disruptions to tens of thousands of passengers, costing Qantas $160 million''.

Ms Wirth said the union has said it plans to cause ''the same level of disruptions to passengers in the coming months''.

Mr Purvinas said talks between the parties had broken down, and described it as akin to ''talking to a brick wall''. Industrial action was slowly being ramped up, he said, and would cause a maintenance backlog."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-news/engineers-union-warns-more-strikes-will-disrupt-qantas-20110920-1kjjv.html#ixzz1YXqeZ1vE

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.02
Change
0.010(0.17%)
Mkt cap ! $9.809B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.04 $6.04 $5.96 $20.09M 3.352M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10000 $6.01

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.02 57851 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.