CWE 0.00% 4.2¢ carnegie wave energy limited

This research project between Swinburne Uni and the Australian...

1. 1,225 Posts.
    This research project between Swinburne Uni and the Australian Maritime College has always puzzled me somewhat. The mathematics of radio and radar waves impinging on absorbing antenna arrays has been well understood since the 1950s. An enormous amount of work was done and Australians were leaders in the world. It was all relevant for purposes of radio astronomy, radar design, and the detection of missiles. That is now old hat. How then can these people say, "No-one really understands how we can maximise the efficiency of wave energy devices when they're installed in an array"? Perhaps the wheel needs to be reinvented?

The picture in the article could not have been of the wave tank at the AMC in Launceston. Their tank is a long narrow one (100m x 3.5m wide) designed primarily for towing and testing of floating objects (hull shapes, etc) pulled along by a moving gantry. The wave generator is at one end. The Australia 2 winged keel was tested here too.

Perhaps I should not say too much publically as I don’t really mind that more people gain experience in testing wave absorbing arrays.

Juke

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.